Happy Halloween Mommy, and by the way Liam threw up everywhere.
Happy Halloween indeed!
So while I do laundry and nurse Mr. Sicky back to non-puking status with some Shawn the Sheep episodes, lets see how my Halloween Checklist is doing…
1) Two weeks before Halloween, make a scarecrow at the Monkey’s insistence, but leave it in your kitchen for your daily cardiac arrest since it’s too wet to leave it outside.
2) Forget to take photos of the rather awesome sash and hat you made last Friday for the monkey’s Wilderness Adventurer costume, 20 minutes before the Halloween dance.
A wilderness explorer for reference:
3) Whip together a gnome hat for your costume 5 minutes before leaving for the school Halloween dance, and win 3rd prize for best costume. Make hubby take photo.
4) Frantically arrange for the annual pumpkin carving festivities for Monday cause you suddenly realize Halloween is on Wednesday.5) Offer your first gnome hat prototype to the sister in law cause you made it too small your your huge head. A pair o’ gnomes = awesome
6) Remember to put jack’o’lanterns outside so they don’t dry out or god forbid start molding before Halloween *ask me how I know*
7) Hit the marine hardware store on Tuesday and pull together a rather clever invisible man costume. Remember to grab wire to hold the glasses, and even double sided tape to keep the clothes in place, and hit the thrift shop for a see through shirt and super huge flannel shirt for the lucky kid inside. Make hubby pose for a photo since Mr. Sicky decided he didn’t want to be invisible man after all. *eyeroll*
8) Take a mental health break Tuesday afternoon and sew up another block for the swoon quilt you’ve decided to make yourself.
9) Realize that you haven’t mentioned the first block you made on that day last week you can’t remember.
10) Shake your head over how you never blogged about the Halloween Quilt of Awesomeness this October, or even plugged the Halloween patterns in your shop*sigh*
11) Again, forget to take photos of the 3 minute cloak and pick axe you whipped together for the monkeys haunted classroom thing this morning.
12) Make a vanilla chai latte with almond milk for yourself and take photo of the
4th only cookie you’re going to have today. Seriously, these cookies are all kinds of awesome. *diabeticoma*
13 Suggest to Mr. Sicky that his apple slices might be a better breakfast choice than the bacon, pepperoni and sausage pizza he’s craving.
Ok! My dryers beeping at me and Mr. Sicky’s requesting food. So before I go, I wish you all a safe, happy and vomit-free Halloween, and I leave you with this awesome group shot of us Pirates of the Carribbean a couple of years ago, 2 seconds before the ghastly pale Mr. Sicky threw up all over me and my rather labour intensive Tia Dalma costume..
aaand the after shot…