The corset is in the works..
Pinning out the pieces:
I found a tutorial on line which I kind of followed as it was only for an underbust corset, whereas I need full coverage..
Liam was my little helper this afternoon. This him painting the fish netting for the outside of the corset.
Hey look, it laces up and everything!
The back placket pieces are fused to the lining. I discovered that fusing web acts as a pretty sturdy interfacing and is easier to use. The holes were simply cut into the fused fabric, but I’ve found after trying it on, that the cording is still wearing through it’s way to the edge. Ah well, I just can’t see pounding two dozen grommets in before tomorrow.
I just need to dread my locks and finish off my shawl. Hehe, I can’t wait to show you the finished costume!